- Primary (K-3)
- Junior (4-6)
- Intermediate (7-10)
- Senior (11-12)
The Preferences settings allow you to customize your personal learning environment. Preferences that you can change include:
- Font settings
- The Navigation bar auto-refresh function
- The way page items display
- The way discussion forums and topics display
- Your email signature
- Pager sounds and visual notifications
- Your email address and password
On your My Home page the Preferences link is located in the Welcome widget. Click My Preferences. The My Preferences page displays.
Note: Depending on the restrictions set by your site’s administrator
or your instructor you may not be able to see or edit all of the
Setting Your Preferences
Your fonts are available from the General tab.
- Use the drop-down lists to select a font face and size.
- Click Save.
The Preview box displays a sample of your new font setting.
The auto-refresh function continuously updates the information on your page. If you are using a screen reader or viewing pages that take a long time to load, you may want to set Navigation bar auto-refresh to Off.
The Discussions tab allows you to change the layout and organization of your discussion forums and topics in the Discussions tool.
You can change the following discussion preferences:
- Discussions – Forums & Topics Frame
- Search Bar
- Search Bar Type
- Topics List Type
- View Type (Threaded, Not threaded)
To change discussion preferences
- Select the option you want for each section.
- Use the Default View Type drop-down list to select view type.
- Click Save.
Note: If you do not have much experience with the Discussions tool, you may want to revisit this area after using the tool.
Set this preference to receive visual notification when someone pages you and to select your pager sound.
Note: If the pager icon is off, you will still receive incoming pages. However, you must check for pages manually by clicking on the pager and selecting from the list.
If your email address has changed since registration, you can update it by clicking on the My Email link located in the Welcome widget on your My Home page.
- Enter your course login password.
- Type your new email address.
- Click Update Email.
Change your password from your My Home page or Course Home page by selecting the My Password link in the Welcome widget.
- Type your old password.
- Type a new password.
- Confirm the new password.
- Click Change Password.