Welcome to St. Pius X School
The staff and parents of St. Pius X School will provide the best possible education for our students.With the partnership of home and church, we will provide for the development of the spiritual, academic, moral, social, cultural and physical needs of each of our students.
We will recognize the role of technology in our teaching and promote the integration of our special needs students within our school.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are preparing our school for classroom item retrieval on Wednesday June 3rd and Thursday June 4th
Utilizing alphabetical order, students, parents and guardians will be able to access the school and retrieve their items during the following times:
Wednesday June 3rd:
A - M (9:30 am to 11:30 am)
M -Z (12:00 noon to 2:30)
Thursday June 4th
A - M (12:00 noon to 2:30)
M -Z (9:30 am to 11:30 am)
- Drive through the Kiss-and-Ride
- Follow signage and direction from staff
- The pick up area will be clearly marked.
- When you arrive the staff member will:
- Approach the vehicle, maintaining a 2 metre distance from the vehicle.
- You will be asked to remain in your vehicle
- Please confirm your identity (student/parent/guardian).
- You will be asked to open your trunk, so your items can be placed inside your vehicle by a staff member OR a staff member will leave the packed bag on a table located 2 metres from your vehicle. Please wait for the staff member to step away from the table, before you approach to collect.
We understand this will be a challenge for all involved. Please be patient and please maintain all social distancing practices. Although we are happy to see one another, we have to ensure we make this day as efficient as possible, please keep this in mind while you are at the school.
Keep well, see you soon.
The Staff of St. Pius X
God, our Father,
Creator of all good things
in the world and within our school community:
We thank you for the gift of this day,
for our families and friends
and for this safe place to learn and grow.
We thank You for St. Pius X,
Patron Saint of our school
and teacher of the Catholic Faith,
for his generous spirit
and passion for the Holy Eucharist.
We ask You to bless all who teach and learn.
Through Your Holy Spirit,
guide us as we grow in faith and love
and give us the courage
to be more like Your Son.
We ask this, in Jesus' name.
Much of the life of St. Pius X was spent in teaching the Christian youth. His personal humanity and warmth endeared him to many.
As Pope he found the pomp and splendour of the Vatican difficult to live with. He is known for his special decree making it possible for children to receive the Eucharist at age 7, instead of waiting until their teen years as was the custom of the time.