- Safe Schools
- French Immersion
- First Nation, Metis & Inuit
- Special Education
- Secondary Education
- Student Achievement
- International Program
- Mental Health & Well-Being
- Catholic Education Week
- Summer Learning 2020
Summer Learning 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has created many changes in our lives. Students, families, and teachers are all learning how to adapt to this new situation. Given the complexity and uncertainty of health and safety issues and the direction from the Provincial Medical Officer of Health, this year Virtual Summer Learning Programs will be delivered via online synchronous learning, including the use of video. Each student will be provided a Chromebook, and help with connectivity issues that may arise.
Virtual Summer Learning
The three-week program in skills development, learning, and routine establishment will be available for the following courses:
- Literacy and Numeracy classes for students in Year two Kindergarten to Grade 5
- Literacy and Numeracy classes for students in or entering grades 6, 7 or 8
- English Language Learners
- Native Language and Culture
- Social/emotional engagement and transitions (for students who would benefit / special needs students)
- Students and families have a choice of one of the above five courses being offered during the 3-week block.
- Courses will be offered from July 6 - July 24, 2020.
- Classes will run Mon-Fri from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and will include instruction and delivery of assignments.
- There is no fee for your child(ren) to participate in the Summer Program.
- Parents/Guardians will be asked to complete an application form as well as make a commitment for your child to attend the program punctually each day.
The Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board (TBCDSB) will be accepting registration for Virtual Summer Learning 2020 starting Wednesday, June 3, 2020 until Friday, June 12, 2020.
How to register:
All classes are conditional upon sufficient enrolment and are subject to cancellation. You will be contacted by TBCDSB staff if a course is cancelled.
Further details related to the Summer School courses will be provided to the parents/guardians of registered students once we have confirmed sufficient enrolment.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.