- Safe Schools
- French Immersion
- First Nation, Metis & Inuit
- Special Education
- Early Education
- Secondary Education
- Student Achievement
- International Program
- Mental Health & Well-Being
Recognizing the dignity of all students and staff, the Special Education Team supports the Christ-centered environment of each school by providing services, programming, leadership and inservice. Special Education staff provides school principals with the resources to implement school-level and system-level programs and services in an integrated and cohesive manner.
- Are based on and modified by the results of continuous assessment and evaluation
- Include plans (called an Individual Education Plan or IEP) containing specific objectives and an outline of special education services that meet the needs of the exceptional pupil.
- Have access to facilities and resources, including support personnel and equipment, necessary for developing and implementing the special education program that's right for your child.
Individual Education Plan (IEP)
Within 30 days of being placed in a program, an IEP is developed for each exceptional child in consultation with the parent. The principal will ensure that parents receive a copy afterwards.
Special Education Plan
What is included in the IEP?
- Specific and representative educational expectations
- An outline of the Special Education program and services that will be provided
- A statement about the methods by which a child’s progress will be reviewed
- For students 14 years and older (except those identified as exceptional solely on the basis of giftedness), a plan for transition to appropriate post-secondary school activities, such as work, further education, and community living.
An IEP is not ...
- A description of everything that will be taught to the student.
- A list of all the teaching strategies used in regular classroom instruction.
- A document that records all learning expectations, including those that are not modified from the regular grade level curriculum expectations.
- A daily lesson plan.