- Board of Trustees
- Community Use of Schools
- Assessment Department
December 2017 In Touch
Please read the December edition of In Touch. An update from the Board Leadership team.
Christmas Card Contest
Christmas Card Submissions are Due by Monday, November 27th
Five Winning Categories: JK/SK. Primary. Junior. High School!
Rules and Regulations:
• Must be a student of TBCDSB
• All artwork must be submitted on an unfolded 8.5x11 sheet
• Entries may be landscape or portrait format
• All entries must include: student’s name, school and grade on the back of the submission
• Each winner’s first and last name, grade and school will appear on our Board website and social media channels with their entry.
• To be considered, submissions must be delivered to the Director’s Office on time.
• Preference will be given to designs that reflect our Catholic beliefs
Coats for Kids 2017
The Ontario English Catholic Teachers (OECTA) Elementary Unit, in conjunction with the Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board and the Catholic Principals' Council of Thunder Bay is launching its 11th annual Coats for Kids campaign. Please click here for more details.
Fuel Stop Canteen
Dear Parent, Caregiver, Participant,
The Healthy Kids Community Challenge Thunder Bay (HKCC TBay) is excited to announce the launch of the new “Fuel Stop” Canteen at Delaney Arena, which will offer a variety of healthy menu options from September to December 2017. We know healthy eating isn’t easy these days - everywhere kids go they are bombarded with unhealthy, heavily marketed, processed foods. In order to grow-up healthy, kids and youth need to fuel their body with nutritious, whole foods and we believe places people go to be active should support their health. We hope you will be excited to try our new homemade menu items that feature fresh ingredients. We look forward to your support of this initiative to make rec centres places where the healthy choice is the easy choice.
During the time that the Fuel Stop Canteen is in operation, we strongly ask that you refrain from bringing in any outside food. This will be enforced at Delaney at all times. Throughout the pilot project, you will have the opportunity to provide your input about the Fuel Stop menu and what other options you’d like offered - via surveys distributed through our website, on social media and in-person at the Canteen. We hope you’ll support our efforts to offer healthier, tasty options at the Delaney Canteen and look forward to offering you some free samples during the week of September 5-8th. Don’t forget to join us for a FREE public skate at the Fuel Stop launch on Saturday September 9th from 12-1:30pm. See you then!
The HKCC TBay Team
Back to School!
We would like to remind you that Elementary and Secondary schools are open for registration during regular school hours.
Look forward to seeing you soon!Register Today or Get More Information
- Closed from July 4th to August 25th
- St. Patrick High School will reopen August 28 – 31st from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- St. Ignatius High School will reopen August 28 – 31st from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Catholic Education Centre
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. effective July 4th to September 1st
Catholic Education Satellite Office
Closed for the Summer
Deliveries For Schools
WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED at the Catholic Education Centre or the Catholic Education Satellite Office