Screening & Potential Outbreak
- All students and staff must self-screen every day before attending school. Parents must perform a daily screening of their children here.
- A print version is available, here.
- Staff and students feeling sick MUST remain at home while waiting for test results. If a symptomatic individual tests positive for COVID-19, they MUST remain in isolation at home and follow the directions of the TBDHU.
- Any student or staff member who develops COVID-19 symptoms while in school should be immediately separated from others, in a separate room where possible, until they are able to go home. Isolated students should be supervised per usual school policy, with physical distancing maintained and PPE provided consistent with health guidance.
- Students and Staff who test negative (after initial positive test) can return to school once they are symptom free for 24 hrs.
Student and School-related COVID-19 Testing
The COVID-19 Assessment Centre site at Confederation College is available ONLY to symptomatic students, parents or siblings, teachers, and other school personnel such as bus drivers.
Located in Confederation College’s Sibley Hall Residence Activity Room, this Assessment Centre site is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm and serves 150 clients per day. Those visiting this Assessment Centre should access it via the College’s William St. (east) entrance.
Appointments must be scheduled in advance:
As a reminder we need to remain diligent with our daily self-assessment, hand washing/sanitizing, mask wearing and physical distancing.Thank you to our amazing staff for creating and following new routines which incorporate all of our safety protocols. Thank you to our students who have adapted to these routines and have become great role models for others. Thank you to our Parents and Guardians, for being patient and understanding. We are grateful for your positive influence and work at home; illustrating safety etiquette and regard for others.
As a reminder, our Board follows the guidelines from the Thunder Bay District Health Unit regarding COVID-19 health protocols. Many parents/guardians have questions regarding what to do if your child has symptoms. Please visit the Health Unit website, here to learn more. Our Board understands the frustration regarding wait times for testing and results. It is important to be mindful that these measures are imperative to keep all of us safe. We are aware that the Health Unit and Assessment Centre are working around the clock to expedite the testing process - please be patient.
In the event of a positive COVID-19 case, we follow direct Ministry of Education guidelines and direction from Public Health. Please familiarize yourself and your family with the Operational Guidance Covid-19 Management document, here.
Please, take the time to read these important links in this message.
Thank you for your continued commitment to keeping us all safe.